Made this for dinner tonight and it turned out pretty good! Here's what I learned:
1. Only cook the meat for 3 hours. I bought a slightly bigger steak and cooked it for 4 hours. It was WAY overcooked (BOO!!).
2. Definitely use white American cheese! It was so creamy and delicious. The Target deli had it available.
3. Add 1 T of red wine vinegar to the meat.
4. Serve it with some of the leftover juices.
5. We used the Trader Joe's red/green/yellow frozen pepper blend. I think it's my new favorite thing.
The meat before we started...
Peppers and onions cooking (skipped the mushrooms)...
Overcooked meat (still tasted okay but would have been better tender!)...
Ready for the oven...
Finished product!
The recipe can be found here: Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(88)
-
▼
April
(12)
- Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks.
- Grilled Strawberry Cheesecake Towers and a Birthda...
- Easter Hops.
- Resemblance.
- Let's Go Fly a Kite.
- New Shoes + a Few Randoms.
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes.
- Sidewalk chalk.
- She likes wearing other peoples shoes.
- What my husband says (sometimes).
- Cute dresses and tea parties.
- I like cake.
-
▼
April
(12)
Some favorites
About Me
- Andrea
- www.andrealikes.com
No comments:
Post a Comment