Today I read (skimmed) an article my cousin posted on Facebook about a possible link between sugar and all sorts of horrible health problems. I went home and made a chocolate cake.
I've had the recipe for a few weeks and have been dying (for lack of a better term) to try it. Here's what I learned:
1. Only bake it for 45 minutes to avoid gross burnt crusty layer.
2. Don't let impatience get the best of you and frost it while slightly warm.
3. Use chocolate frosting despite husband's request for buttercream.
4. Buy a fancy frosting wand tool thingamajig. Good old spatula = mess.
5. Find out if you are really suppose to frost the hole in the middle of a bundt cake?
Without further ado...
You can sort of see the burnt layer here...
Very unimpressive frosting technique called slap it on:
Decided to frost the hole. Why leave valuable space unfrosted?
Wala! (I prefer this spelling)
Here's a link to the recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake
Wala!
ReplyDelete