I've had this recipe staring at me for several months. Today was the perfect occasion to give it a try as it's Bapa's 60th birthday! So the family came over and we had dinner and this yummy dessert.
Here's what I learned:
1. Using the skewer baskets to grill the strawberries worked GREAT. I continuously rotated the berries without the need for a grilling utensil.
2. The berries really only need about 3-5 minutes on the grill to get the tiniest bit of charring.
3. Definitely take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator several hours early to get it to room temp. I think this maybe key to the consistency of the filling.
4. These suckers are big and filling! I made a half recipe and it easily fed four adults.
Strawberries on the grill...
Pound cake after coming off the grill...
See that picture hanging in the background? Penelope swears it's a picture of Bapa. She tells me so every time we walk by it. Happy birthday Bapa!
Recipe found here: Grilled Strawberry Cheesecake Towers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(88)
-
▼
April
(12)
- Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks.
- Grilled Strawberry Cheesecake Towers and a Birthda...
- Easter Hops.
- Resemblance.
- Let's Go Fly a Kite.
- New Shoes + a Few Randoms.
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes.
- Sidewalk chalk.
- She likes wearing other peoples shoes.
- What my husband says (sometimes).
- Cute dresses and tea parties.
- I like cake.
-
▼
April
(12)
Some favorites
About Me
- Andrea
- www.andrealikes.com
No comments:
Post a Comment