Monday, December 12, 2011

Baked Donuts.

An super sweet friend bought me a donut pan recently.  I've always wanted one!  A few short days later the family was enjoying these tasty treats for breakfast.  Here's what I learned:

  1. Using a pastry bag without a tip would make filling the pan very easy.  I plan to do that next time.
  2. I dunked the hot donuts in melted butter and then rolled them in a white sugar/brown sugar/cinnamon mix.
  3. When rolling said donuts in the sugar mixture I way overdid it.  We were brushing sugar off them before eating.  They don't need to be completed coated to taste good!

Baked Donuts

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons melted butter

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Lightly grease a doughnut pan.  In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt.  Stir in buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.  Beat together until well blended.

Fill each doughnut cup approximately 3/4 full.  Bake 8 - 10 minutes until they spring back when touched.  Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.

You can create your own cinnamon sugar mix, glaze, frosting, powdered sugar, etc.  Whatever toppings are your favorites!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me